According to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) framework, operational analytics is one of the key competencies required of a data professional, whether one is a data scientist, a data engineer, a data steward, or a functional analyst or manager. This competency is the use of an integrated set reporting, analytical, and business techniques for the investigation of all relevant data to derive insight for and optimally execute decision making.
What You Will Learn
In this course, you will be equipped with fundamental skills and best practices to generate reports, dashboards, and insights that:
- highlight risks and opportunities within departments, businesses, or organizations;
- enable end-users to see possible causes of movements / trends in key performance indicators (KPIs); and
- save a significant amount of time with automated and interactive features.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.
Frances Claire Tayco
Subject Matter Expert
11 Videos | 3 Activities
- Welcome to the course!
- What is analytics?
- Types of Analytics
- Analytics Implementation Process
- Data Analytics Scenarios
- What is a metric?
- What are the Key Performance Indicators?
- KPI Measurement
- Balanced Scorecard
- Strategy Map
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Data and Analytics Scenarios
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Developing Strategic Objectives
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Balanced Scorecard Development
9 Videos | 2 Activities
- Overview of Descriptive Statistics
- Data Preparation
- Data Aggregation
- Common Visualization Types
- Comparison and Composition
- Distribution and Relationship
- Demonstration: Data Visualization
- Data Visualization Best Practice
- Peer Graded Assignment: Data Visualization
7 Videos | 1 Activity
- What are dashboards?
- Dashboard Principles
- Data Storytelling
- Dashboard Design and Layout
- Dashboard Creation Process
- Demonstration: Dashboard Creation
- Learning Activity: Design Wireframe
5 Videos | 1 Activity
- Drill-Down Analytics
- Demonstration: Hardware Sales Drill-Down
- Demonstration: Bakery Sales Drill-Down
- Demonstration: Subscription Rate Drill-Down
- Peer Graded Assignment: Drill-Down Analysis
2 Videos | 1 Activity
- Capstone Instructions
- Key Takeaways
- Capstone Project