According to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) framework, operational analytics is one of the key competencies required of a data professional, whether one is a data scientist, a data engineer, a data steward, or a functional analyst or manager. This competency is the use of an integrated set reporting, analytical, and business techniques for the investigation of all relevant data to derive insight for and optimally execute decision making.
What You Will Learn
In this course, you will be equipped with fundamental skills and best practices to generate reports, dashboards, and insights that:
- highlight risks and opportunities within departments, businesses, or organizations;
- enable end-users to see possible causes of movements / trends in key performance indicators (KPIs); and
- save a significant amount of time with automated and interactive features.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.