Policy analysts and managers should be able to analyze various issues logically and systematically and be equipped with tools and skills to support such scientific reasoning. In this course, participants will learn how to identify and analyze policy problems correctly, formulate policy problems properly, and interpret results professionally. Mathematical and statistical methods that are frequently used to solve policy and management problems will also be introduced. This course will cover the practical uses of management science, operations research, econometrics, and data storytelling in policy analytics, modeling, and simulation.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- formulate policy problems properly and solve them using various analytics, modeling, and simulation techniques;
- present policy analysis and modeling results to key policy decision makers and stakeholders effectively using data interfaces, dashboards, and other interactive presentation methods; and
- derive recommendations based on data-driven insights from policy analytics, modeling, and simulation.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed.
- There is an add-in to the MS Excel called the “Analysis ToolPak.” It can be retrieved in the Manage Excel Add-in in the selection box. Just click the checkmark in the dialog box and then OK to open it.
- It can be retrieved in the Manage Excel Add-in in the selection box.
- Just click the checkmark in the dialog box and then OK to open it.
Week 1: Role and Significance of Data-Driven Policy Analysis
6 Videos | 3 Activities
- Welcome to the course!
- Study and Practice of Policy Analysis
- Five (5) Policy Analytical Methods (2 Videos)
- Central Tendency
- Try it out: Padlet
- Let’s recall: Anagram
- Quiz: Organizing and Arranging Data
Week 2: Parameters and Probabilities in Data Analysislytics
5 Videos | 3 Activities
- Normal Distribution and Probabilities
- Decision Points in the Level of Significance
- T-testing of Independent Means of Two Sample Groups Pooled)
- T-testing of Paired-Wise (before-and-after)
- Try it out: Find the match
- Let’s recall: Missing word
Week 3: Comparing the Variances Between Groups and Non-Parametric Testing
3 Videos | 3 Activities
- Algorithm of Policy Recommendation
- Application of ANOVA in Healthcare System
- Chi-Square TwoTailed
- Try it out: Sequencing
- Let’s recall: True or False
- Quiz: ANOVA and Non-Parametric Testing
Week 4: Evaluating the Impact of Training, Learning and Development
3 Videos | 3 Activities
- Elements of Policy Forecasting
- Linear Trend Estimation and Regression
- Key Takeaways
- Try it out: Cloze Text
- Let’s recall: Pop quiz
- Peer-Graded Assignment: T-testing
- Final Exam