Policy analysts and managers should be able to analyze various issues logically and systematically and be equipped with tools and skills to support such scientific reasoning. In this course, participants will learn how to identify and analyze policy problems correctly, formulate policy problems properly, and interpret results professionally. Mathematical and statistical methods that are frequently used to solve policy and management problems will also be introduced. This course will cover the practical uses of management science, operations research, econometrics, and data storytelling in policy analytics, modeling, and simulation.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- formulate policy problems properly and solve them using various analytics, modeling, and simulation techniques;
- present policy analysis and modeling results to key policy decision makers and stakeholders effectively using data interfaces, dashboards, and other interactive presentation methods; and
- derive recommendations based on data-driven insights from policy analytics, modeling, and simulation.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.