Governance is an important aspect of smart cities, due to the importance of city administration and management, and collaboration between the various stakeholders to achieve the desired levels of development, growth, sustainability and quality of life. This course aims to introduce the fundamentals of a smart city framework as an emerging trend in urban development and management, and as a potential tool in enhancing good governance and public sector productivity. The course, likewise, presents samples of smart innovations, and tackles the challenges and implications in pursuing smart city transformation and management. Participants will look at case studies of how successful smart cities are implementing smart governance.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- understand the following relevant concepts: smart cities, governance, e-governance, and good governance;
- understand the categories included in the proposed framework to analyze smart governance in smart cities; and
- apply the framework proposed for identification of the smart governance practices adopted in smart cities.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.