Data is a vital component of an organization's operational plans, management decisions, and other relevant business matters. In order to use data effectively, it is important to understand its nature and technicalities. This course provides an overview of how to transform data into products or services. This course explores the intersection of data science and analytics, data products, and rapid prototyping. At the end of the course, the participants will be able to ideate and design their own data products and transform a business intelligence report or data science model into a web service.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- gain background on the nature of data products and understand how to transform data into products or services;
- be familiarized with data interactions and understand the basics of designing and building data products; and
- understand development workflows and processes for data science.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.