SQL is the standard language for relational database management systems and is widely used in data mining and processing. As businesses use data in tracking everything, leverage in data will enable business to better understand its operations and derive sound business decisions. This course provides foundation knowledge on SQL programming, which may be used in metrics calculation, data analytics, and report production.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- gain basic SQL programming background including databases, tables and other data processing algorithms;
- be able to write SQL code to build database structures and process data with various conditions from multiple tables using different types of join and with row and aggregate functions;
- retrieve data using subqueries and set operators, which can be used in data mining and analytics; and
- perform aggregation and use popular SQL functions.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.