Data has become an enterprise asset as businesses use it in evaluating its operations and making sound management decisions. Hence, data governance has become a vital component in an organization. This course will impart knowledge in direction and oversight for data management, including compliance and risks associated with it. The course will provide a background in building a blueprint for managing data assets by aligning with organizational strategy to establish strategic data requirements and designs to meet these requirements.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- understand what and why data should be governed and its impact to the businesses;
- comprehend the fundamental practices of data governance, along with its concepts and principles including data security, data ethics, and data architecture; and
- be equipped with the tools and techniques that will measure and ensure the effectiveness of the enterprise data governance program.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.
Note to SPARTA scholars: Upon enrollment, you will have 6 months to finish a SPARTA course. Failure to complete the course in 6 months and/or inactivity for 3 months will result in course access revocation.