Research is oftentimes necessary to expand knowledge of specific topics or areas, or to improve understanding of and solve business or management problems. This course provides foundational understanding and essential knowledge about research, including research process, language, and ethics. Focusing on data-driven research, this course uses case-study method to tackle topics such as research design, sampling, data collection, data preparation, qualitative and quantitative analyses, and reporting.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- gain knowledge in essentials of research methods, including research process, designs, approaches and ethics;
- understand the proper use of different data collection and data analysis approaches;
- be able to critically analyze and process data that will be used in answering the research questions; and
- effectively present and communicate research outcomes and recommendations.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.