This course deals with manipulating and transforming data with SQL with the objective of making data ready for analysis and reporting. Through videos and hands-on exercises, Participants will learn how to cleanse data and how to deal with missing data using SQL. Participants will also learn the differences between an operational and an analytical database schema, and how to move data from the former to the latter.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- apply different techniques of cleansing and manipulating data with SQL;
- move data from one schema model to another using SQL. Specifically, to transform data from an operational database to a reporting and analytical database; and
- perform batch process data movement within SQL.
You will need a computer or laptop with Microsoft Excel installed. Computer or laptop requirements are:
- For Windows: Core i3 or better, 4GB RAM or better, MS Excel 2007 or better
- For MacBook: ideally MS Excel 2013 or newer should be installed (some functions require this version on the Mac). If the version of MS Excel is 2011, download and install StatPlus.