This self-directed capstone course provides an opportunity for learners under the Data Analyst pathway to integrate and apply the analytics skills and knowledge learned in their previous courses on real-world problems.
This capstone intends to present the Philippine situation during the pandemic by utilizing publicly available data, which will be useful in providing context and analysis of such data.
Learners are required to choose at least one among the following focus areas: business impact, healthcare system, and education, and use, among other sources, local dataset(s) to propose a dashboard that will provide a snapshot of information about the situation/performance of the Philippines during the pandemic. At the end of the course, learners are expected to submit:
- A concept paper behind the rationale of the proposed dashboard
- A dashboard mock-up in Excel
What You Will Learn
At the end of this capstone, learners will be able to:
- conceptualize a problem by identifying relevant research approaches, methods, and metrics
- collect, integrate, and prepare data to be used for analyses
- perform exploratory data analysis and preparation to be used according to the definition required by the concept paper
- analyze data to generate findings and interpret the findings to generate insights
- create appropriate charts and plots for data visualization to tell the dashboard story
- build an interactive Excel mock-up dashboard to be used as the central snapshot of information that can be used in the assessment of the most important measures or goals