This self-directed capstone course provides an opportunity for learners under the Data Scientist pathway to integrate and apply the analytics skills and knowledge learned in their previous courses on real-world problems.
Learners are required to a choose a specific local issue of their interest and use Philippine dataset(s) to propose a solution, to allow them to apply data collection, analysis, modeling, evaluation, and presentation skills. At the end of the course, learners are expected to submit:
- a presentation report, summarizing the problem statement, objectives, analyses, results, conclusions, and recommendation
- spreadsheets, scripts, or Jupyter notebooks with the analyses details
What You Will Learn
At the end of this capstone, learners will be able to:
- conceptualize a problem by identifying relevant research approaches, methods, and metrics
- collect, integrate, and prepare data to be used for analyses
- utilize data to understand a particular problem or situation
- analyze data to generate findings and interpret the findings to generate insights
- decide what additional data is needed to be acquired to support the analyses.
- select the techniques to be used in the analyses and solve the problem.
- draw conclusions from the analyses and make recommendations to decision makers