This course will help you understand not only the importance of securing insurance coverage for your property but the nuances of acquiring insurance protection for a condominium. Buying insurance protection for a condominium building or unit is not as straightforward as that of other types of buildings with no “joint” ownership. Bear in mind that condominiums are governed by special laws and principles specific to condominiums. Therefore, insurance coverage on these types of buildings should be handled differently.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- identify and understand the pertinent provisions in the law governing the ownership of a condominium;
- appreciate the requirements of insurance companies when issuing an insurance policy;
- procure the proper and correct insurance protection to ensure that they are adequately protected from fortuitous events; and
- have a working knowledge of applicable insurance principles.
Dr. Pedro P. Benedicto
Subject Matter Expert
6 Videos | 1 Activity
- Welcome to the course!
- Principle of Co-Ownership and the Civil Code Provisions on Co-Ownership
- Principle of Insurable Interests
- Buying a Condominium Unit: What do I get?
- Project Developer and the Condominium Corporation
- Quiz: Principles and Laws on Property
5 Videos | 1 Activity
- The Master Deed and the Declaration of Restrictions
- The Condominium Common Areas, the Condominium Unit, and the Condominium Corporation
- Relationships of the Parties in a Condominium Project
- Dissolution of the Condominium Corporation and Project
- Quiz: The Condominium Act
5 Videos | 1 Activity
- Insurable Interest in a Condominium Project
- Insurance against Material Damage in a Condominium Project
- How much cover should I buy?
- What type of Insurance Policy do I need?
- Quiz: Insurable Interests on Property
7 Videos | 1 Activity
- Legal Liability and Insurance of Liability Exposures
- The Comprehensive General Liability Policy
- The Comprehensive Personal Liability
- Special Property Insurance Packages and Special Assessment Cover
- Property Insurance Package for the Condominium Corporation
- Unit Owners Condominium Package
- Key Takeaways
- Quiz: Liability Insurance