The course will introduce the learners to the management of an organization's workforce through the design and implementation of effective human resources, particularly its policies and procedures. Topics include the role of human resources management, human resource planning including recruitment and selection, job design and analysis, training and development, and capstone activities.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- develop the (KSA) knowledge, skills, attitude and concepts needed to resolve actual human resource management problems or issues;
- manage the employment relationship, which is a shared responsibility between employers, management, human resources managers, and employees;
- identify the human resources needs of an organization or department;
- conduct a job analysis and produce a job description from the job analysis;
- evaluate the procedures and practices used for recruiting and selecting suitable employees; and
- assess training requirements and design a successful orientation and training program.
Dr. Noel A. Sergio
Subject Matter Expert
Module 1 HRM: Gaining a Competitive Advantage
5 Videos | 2 Activities
- Welcome to the course!
- What is Human Resource Management?
- Schematic Diagram of HRM Functions
- HR Model: Impact on HR Managers
- The Role of HR Manager
- Quiz: HR Role and Function
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Role of an HR Manager
Module 2 Human Resource Planning and Recruitment
12 Videos | 2 Activities
- What is HRP?
- The HRP Responsibilities/Components
- Forecasting HR Requirements
- Methods of Forecasting Internal Labor Supply
- Recruitment, Selection & Placement Diagram
- Job Analysis
- Job Description
- Job Specification and its uses in the HR Activities
- Job Design
- Main steps in Recruitment
- The Selection Process
- Quiz: HRP and Recruitment
- Peer-Graded Assignment: HRP Component
Module 3 Training and Development
11 Videos | 2 Activities
- The Importance of Training & Development
- The Training Cycle
- The Training Process
- What is the ADDIE Model?
- Motivation to Learn
- Quiz: Training Process
- Peer-Graded Analysis: Training and Development
Module 4 Capstone
- Project: Case Presentation