This course provides the fundamental knowledge of resilience. This includes the components of resilience, its effects on our thinking, body, and behavior. At the end of this course, learners will be equipped with coping strategies, utilize available resources, and maximize their self-efficacy against life’s adversities.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of this course, the learners are expected to:
- build a solid foundation and understanding of what resilience is and its value in maintaining endurance, happiness, and peace in one's lifestyle;
- learn how to build resilience in your most challenging situations;
- introspect about the ways in addressing challenges as well as maintaining systems that reinforce resilience; and
- determine the different concepts and strategies related to the art of bouncing back in facing challenges and situations in life.
Bai Salina Pendatun-Ilagan
Subject Matter Expert
Module 1: Understanding Stress
6 Videos| 1 Activity
- Welcome to the course!
- What is stress?
- Hans Selye’s General Adaptation Syndrome
- Identifying the Five Types of Stressors
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Stress
Module 2: The Art of Bouncing Back
4 Videos | 2 Activities
- Defining Resilience
- Requirements for Building Resilience
- Internal and External Locus of Control
- How to command one’s locus of control?
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Building Resilience
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Internal Locus of Control
Module 3: Maintaining Resilience
4 Videos | 1 Activity
- Identifying Happiness and Techniques on How to be Happy
- What is your motivation?
- Maximizer or Satisficer?
- SMART Goals
- Peer-Graded Assignment: Goal Setting
Module 4: Capstone